Do you like an aromatic environment?
Aroma can provide various benefits to us and improve our quality of life. One of the most effective way to disperse aroma to our surrounding is through a diffuser.
In this article, I will share with you the best diffusers in Malaysia for aromatherapy, reduce stress, and improve mood.
Top 5 Best Diffusers in Malaysia
- Aromatherapy 130ml Ultrasonic Air Diffuser
- Waterless Aroma Mini Portable Nebulizer
- Aromatherapy Nebulizing Essential Oil Diffuser
- Scentcare Waterless Car Diffuser
- saengQ Ultrasonic Diffuser
What is a Diffuser?
A diffuser is a machine that disperses up the molecules of essential oils in the room air for the sake of a better feel.
Basically, it breaks down the oil into smaller molecules and distributes them in the restricted atmosphere for a calmer surrounding.
A diffuser is supposed to distribute the oil molecules in a manner that is soothing and does not cause these particles to concentrate in the room and result in a disturbing ambiance.
The 5 Best Diffusers In Malaysia Review
I have researched and compiled a list of the best diffusers here for the natives of Malaysia to get the best value from your purchase.
Most of the products available are of Ultrasonic or Nebulizing type only as Heat and Evaporative type Diffusers are less popular in Malaysia.
1. Aromatherapy 130ml Ultrasonic Air Diffuser [Review]
The first product in this list is Ultrasonic Air Diffuser with a base capacity of 130ml. The product is listed to be helpful with different situations such as anxiety, stress, dry skin, etc. It also comes with an LED lighting option and has 7 different colors to choose from.
It is suitable for various location types including hotel, bedroom, hospital, and more. It basically features a flower pot design with a classic wood grain finish to better attract customers.
Some highlights of this product are:
- 130ml capacity tank for aromatherapy
- Wooden look to lure the nature lovers
- Very well suited for small to medium-sized rooms
- Alleviates with bringing the mood back to normal
- At a price tag of around RM19, this essential oil diffuser will not put a burden on your pocket while serving its purpose well
- Tank capacity can be a little bit on the small side for someone looking not to fill the tank more often
2. Waterless Aroma Mini Portable Nebulizer [Review]
As the name suggests, this diffuser is of Nebulizing type and employs Essential Oil in its function. It’s among one of the Best Essential Oil Diffusers as per the customer rating.
It promises to be easy to carry and suitable for both home and office use. This waterless diffuser works continuously and requires no water or heat to function. The product page also requests to use pure essential oils for this diffuser. As it is a nebulizer, it uses an air pump to atomize essential oils into little particles.
Moreover, around 10-20 drops of essential oil in the reservoir promise that the scent of the oil is diffused in the space and that too from the very moment it turns on.
Further highlights of this diffuser are:
- It is wireless and rechargeable as it offers and works on a rechargeable battery.
- No need for water or heat in its function as it works on Essential Oils only
- Offers an easy operating experience as a small amount of oil can be enough for it to start working right away
- It’s environmentally friendly as it employs glass in its manufacturing and the company claims that it uses 100% of non-toxic materials for this diffuser.
- No need to use heat can be a big plus as heat can change the chemical composition of the oils as discussed in this article
- Its portable function can also be a big plus for someone looking for a cordless diffuser
- It can prove to be troublesome at times to buy the essential oils for its functioning so a good stock of essential oils might be needed
3. Aromatherapy Nebulizing Essential Oil Diffuser [Review]
This is another nebulizing type diffuser that comes with its own specialties. It features a real wooden base and hand-blown glass structure, hence, does not use any toxic materials in its functioning.
These two features may alone be enough to justify its whopping price tag which is around RM 110 if the shape of this diffuser is not enough enchanting for you to purchase this diffuser.
Moreover, it also stays free of water or heat for its working and uses essential oils instead.
Some highlights of this diffuser are:
- Uses natural materials such as wood and glass only so that it stays environment friendly.
- Can shut itself after different intervals in case you forget to turn it off and also features an LED light as an additional element.
- No need for water or heat for functioning as it employs Essential Oils only
- Wood and Glass combination may alone be enough for someone to decide on for this product
- Different auto shut intervals can come handy, especially these days where the tension seems to be ever-increasing
- A price tag of RM 110 can alone be enough for you to cancel your decision of buying this otherwise one of the Best Essential Oil Diffusers.
4. Scentcare Waterless Car Diffuser [Review]
Another product in this category is this car diffuser which is claimed to be 100% waterless and BPA-free. This is the best diffuser for car.
Although it is listed as a car diffuser, it is also suitable for room, hotel, office alike.
It also features a rechargeable lithium battery so that you don’t have to keep it switched in all the time. The diffuser comes in two modes: Continuous and Intermittent Mist.
Moreover, its nozzle can also be cleaned and washed with water.
Further highlights of this product are:
- Automatic Shutdown after 2 hours to save Essential Oil
- Promises to be 100% BPA free and safe for babies and pregnant women
- Easy installation and can be used in most of the places
- A great diffuser for someone who is looking for a BPA-free yet productive item
- Its price tag of RM125 may sound too much to a regular customer
5. saengQ Ultrasonic Diffuser [Review]
The final product in this list of best diffusers is an ultrasonic diffuser offered by saengQ.
It offers a quiet operation, increases air moisture, and features a 7 color atmosphere lamp. It also comes in a smaller size such that it can even fit into a palm.
Some additional features of this diffuser are:
- Creates a comfortable and breathable environment around
- Power comes from a USB cable and is compatible with computers, laptops, other USB input devices.
- Features a 220ml reservoir and can work for 8 hours.
- Comes with ABS materials
- Small and Compact diffuser that gets the job done in almost a similar fashion as other diffusers do
- A bit expensive considering the capacity of the tank
How to Choose the Best Diffuser in Malaysia [Buyer’s Guide]
There are many things that can be considered while choosing a diffuser. The type of diffuser is the core attribute while choosing a diffuser as there are 4 main types of diffusers to choose from.
Evaporative and Nebulizing type diffusers are best for those that are environmentally conscious. Similarly, reservoir tank size can also matter for some people as filling up the reservoir too often can be a headache for a lot of people.
Moreover, there are additional features such as a rechargeable battery, dispersion modes i.e. continuous or intermittent, and dedicated night LED light that can also make a difference.
Additionally, a bigger room may also require to set-up more than 1 diffuser for a better diffusing experience.
How Does a Diffuser Work?
The working principle of a diffuser is simple as it has to create a mist from the essential oil or from water through the machine components that it consists of.
Ultrasonic diffusers use an electronic approach to create ultrasonic vibrations, that further produces mist out of the liquid that it uses for diffusion.
Similarly, Nebulizing diffusers use pressurized air while Heat and Evaporative type uses a fan-based mechanism to produce the diffused mist.
Types of Diffusers in Malaysia
There are 4 main types of diffusers namely Ultrasonic, Nebulizing, Evaporative, and Heat diffusers.
Ultrasonic diffusers use, as the name suggests, ultrasonic vibrations to break down the essential oil molecules. In its mechanism, electronic frequencies are employed to achieve the desired mist. Moreover, some water may also be mixed with the oil in this diffuser type to dilute the concentrated or pure oils.
Nebulizing diffusers use the simple system of pressurized air that runs through its tubular mechanism to create the desired result. It should be noted that it does not employ any water, heat, and most importantly, contains no plastic.
Evaporative diffusers work by causing the evaporation of the essential oils from liquid to gas. Usually, a fan is employed to blow the air through the oil which causes the oil to evaporate.
Heat diffusers work in a similar manner to evaporative diffusers with the difference that the former employs heating in its process. As there is heating involved, it can change the chemical composition of the oils that can negatively affect the purpose of diffusing the oils.
Diffuser Comparison: Ultrasonic vs Nebulizing vs Evaporative vs Heat
If we compare these 4 main types, there are some aspects that each of these carries to its name.
Ultrasonic diffusers electronically diffuse oil through ultrasonic vibrations which may be enough to make you feel confident in making your purchasing decision.
Evaporative diffusers might be preferred due to their simple evaporation-based mechanism.
Nebulizing diffusers are eco-friendly in their use as no plastic is used in their design.
Heat diffusers may be the choice of those who prefer a strong aroma as the higher levels of heat result in a more intense scent from these oils.
Pros and Cons of Ultrasonic Diffusers
Ultrasonic diffusers produce near-precise mist through their mechanism but they cannot employ citrus oils in their working as the ultrasonic parts may get corroded.
Pros and Cons of Nebulizing Diffusers
Nebulizing diffusers contain no plastic and still produce more or less the same result. They are also considered to distribute the oils perfectly by the method of nebulizing. Those who are used to using the ultrasonic version may find this type a bit outdated.
Pros and Cons of Evaporative Diffusers
Evaporative diffusers can produce a fine mist of essential oils through the evaporation process but it may also has its shortcomings. One of its drawbacks is that the lighter components of the oils may evaporate faster than the heavier components, resulting in an uneven dispersion of the particles and hence, different results.
Pros and Cons of Heat Diffusers
Heat diffusers employ heat in the process and they are quiet in their working as well as relatively inexpensive but they may also ruin the chemical composition of the oils. Different levels of heat can also affect the distribution of the oils in an abnormal way.
Diffuser VS Humidifier
Diffuser is designed to diffuse essential oil or mixture of water and essential oil into air for various purposes such as aromatherapy, improve mood, reduce stress, enhance sleep quality, and more.
Whereas a humidifier is mainly used to increase the humidity level of an area.
A diffuser can produce a much finer mist than a humidifier.
Diffusers are generally used to disperse the essential oils in a small room while humidifiers employ the use of water to humidify the air in relatively a larger room. Both are capable to moist the air inside a packed space.
What to Take Note of When Using a Diffuser
While using a diffuser, consider turning it off while going away as it may cause harm to the machine parts of a diffuser.
Moreover, try to use just the pure oils as this will possibly improve the life of a diffuser.
A diffuser is a good device to improve the aroma and increase the moisture inside a confined space.
Here, I mentioned some of the best diffusers in Malaysia and mentioned a number of best essential oil diffusers as well.
I hope that this article will help you in a better way to easily choose the best-suited product for you.
Thank you for the read.