Are you curious about where is Malaysia and want to learn more about this beautiful Southeast Asian country? Look no further!
In this article, we will provide you with over 200 fascinating facts about Malaysia, ranging from its geography, culture, history, cuisine, and more.
Whether you’re planning a trip to Malaysia or simply interested in learning more about this diverse and vibrant country, this comprehensive guide will give you a glimpse into what Malaysia is like and what makes it unique.
So, join us on this exciting journey and discover the wonders of Malaysia!
General Knowledge & Facts About Malaysia
Exclusive Deal for Cat Owners 🐱
1. Where is Malaysia?
Malaysia is a country located in Southeast Asia, consisting of two main landmasses – Peninsular Malaysia (also known as West Malaysia) and East Malaysia (on the island of Borneo).
It shares borders with Thailand to the north, Singapore to the south, Indonesia to the west, and the Philippines to the east.
The capital city of Malaysia is Kuala Lumpur, and the country has a population of approximately 32.6 million people.
2. What is the currency used in Malaysia?
The currency used in Malaysia is the Malaysian Ringgit (MYR). It is issued in denominations of one, five, 10, 20, 50, and 100 ringgits. The symbol is “RM”, for example, RM1, RM5, RM10, RM20, RM50, and RM100.
3. What is the country code of Malaysia?
The country code of Malaysia is +60.
4. What is the Malaysia emergency number?
The Malaysia emergency number is 999.
5. What is the Malaysia time zone?
The Malaysia time zone is Malaysia Time (MYT), which is 8 hours ahead of Coordinated Universal Time (UTC+8).
6. How is the weather in Malaysia?
Malaysia has a tropical climate with high humidity and warm temperatures year-round, with occasional rainfall.
7. What are the states of Malaysia?
The states of Malaysia are Johor, Kedah, Kelantan, Malacca, Negeri Sembilan, Pahang, Perak, Perlis, Penang, Sabah, Sarawak, Selangor, Terengganu, and the Federal Territories of Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya, and Labuan.
8. When are major public holidays in Malaysia?
Some of the major public holidays in Malaysia include Hari Raya Aidilfitri, Chinese New Year, Deepavali, and Christmas Day.
9. What is the Malaysia flag?
The Malaysia flag consists of 14 alternating red and white stripes, a blue rectangle in the top left corner with a yellow crescent and a 14-point star.
10. What are the zip codes of Malaysia?
Malaysia does not use zip codes but instead uses a 5-digit postcode system.
11. What is the history of Malaysia?
Malaysia has a rich history, with influences from various cultures including Malay, Chinese, Indian, and European. It gained independence from Britain in 1957.
12. What are the popular banks in Malaysia?
Some popular banks in Malaysia include Maybank, CIMB Bank, Public Bank, and RHB Bank.
Languages in Malaysia
1. What Languages are Spoken in Malaysia?
The official language of Malaysia is Malay, but other languages spoken in Malaysia include Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese, Hokkien, Hakka, Hainanese), Tamil, and English.
2. Which language is mostly spoken in Malaysia?
Malay, also known as Bahasa Malaysia is the most widely spoken language in Malaysia and is the official language of the country.
3. What are the top 3 languages spoken in Malaysia?
The top 3 languages spoken in Malaysia are Malay, Chinese, and English.
4. Is Malaysia an English-speaking country?
While English is widely spoken in Malaysia, it is not considered an English-speaking country.
5. Does Malaysian speak Chinese?
Yes, many Malaysian Chinese speak Chinese, particularly Mandarin, Cantonese, Hokkien, Hakka, and Hainanese.
6. How do you say hello in Malay?
Hello in Malay is “selamat sejahtera”.
7. How do you say goodbye in Malay?
Goodbye in Malay is “selamat tinggal”.
8. Is Malay easy to learn?
Malay can be relatively easy to learn as it has a simple grammar structure, and many words are borrowed from English.
9. Why do Malaysians say lah?
The use of “lah” in Malaysian English is a cultural trait and is used to add emphasis or to soften a statement.
10. Can you survive in Malaysia with English?
Yes, it is possible to survive in Malaysia with just English, as it is widely spoken in the country.
11. How much of Malaysia speak English?
About 40% of Malaysians are proficient in English, and it is widely spoken in urban areas.
12. What type of English is Malaysia?
Malaysian English is a variation of English that has been influenced by the local languages and culture and may include the use of Malaysian slang and expressions.
Geography of Malaysia
1. What are the two main landmasses that makeup Malaysia?
Peninsular Malaysia (also known as West Malaysia) and East Malaysia (on the island of Borneo).
2. What is the map of Malaysia
Below is the complete map of Malaysia:
3. What is the total land area of Malaysia?
329,847 square kilometers.
4. What is the highest mountain in Malaysia?
Mount Kinabalu, stands at 4,095 meters tall.
5. What is the longest river in Malaysia?
The Rajang River, which is located in Sarawak, with a length of approximately 563 kilometers.
6. What is the capital city of Malaysia?
7. Which strait separates Peninsular Malaysia from the island of Sumatra?
The Strait of Malacca.
8. What is the largest state in Malaysia by land area?
Sarawak, which covers an area of 124,450 square kilometers.
9. Which sea is located to the east of Malaysia?
The South China Sea.
People & Population in Malaysia
1. What is the population of Malaysia?
As of 2022, the population of Malaysia is estimated to be around 32.6 million.
2. What are the ethnic groups in Malaysia?
The main ethnic groups in Malaysia are Malays, Chinese, and Indians.
3. What is the official religion of Malaysia?
The official religion of Malaysia is Islam.
4. What is the life expectancy in Malaysia?
The life expectancy in Malaysia is approximately 76 years.
5. What is the median age of the population in Malaysia?
The median age of the population in Malaysia is 30 years.
6. What is the birth rate in Malaysia?
The birth rate in Malaysia is approximately 15 births per 1,000 people.
7. What is the average household size in Malaysia?
The average household size in Malaysia is approximately 4 people.
8. What is the largest city in Malaysia by population?
The largest city in Malaysia by population is Kuala Lumpur.
9. What is the percentage of the urban population in Malaysia?
As of 2020, the percentage of the urban population in Malaysia is approximately 75.1% according to the official data.
10. What is the population growth rate in Malaysia?
The population growth rate in Malaysia is approximately 1% per year.
11. What is the fertility rate in Malaysia?
The fertility rate in Malaysia is approximately 2 children per woman.
12. What is the age structure of the population in Malaysia?
As of 2022, the age structure of the population in Malaysia is 23.2% under 15 years, 69.5% between 15 and 64 years, and 7.3% over 65 years.
13. What is the net migration rate in Malaysia?
The net migration rate in Malaysia is approximately -0.1 migrants per 1,000 people.
14. What is the population density in Malaysia?
The population density in Malaysia is approximately 99 people per square kilometer.
15. Where are most Chinese in Malaysia?
Most Chinese in Malaysia live in urban areas, particularly in Kuala Lumpur, Penang, and Johor Bahru.
Travel to Malaysia
1. What is Malaysia known for?
Malaysia is known for its diverse culture, delicious food, stunning beaches, and towering skyscrapers.
2. Does visiting Malaysia require a visa?
Visitors from most countries do not require a visa to enter Malaysia for a period of up to 90 days.
3. What are the popular beaches in Malaysia?
Some popular beaches in Malaysia include Langkawi Island, Redang Island, Tioman Island, and Batu Ferringhi in Penang.
4. Where is Malaysia zoo?
Malaysia has several zoos, but one of the most popular ones is the National Zoo of Malaysia, located in Kuala Lumpur.
5. What are some popular tourist destinations in Malaysia?
Popular tourist destinations in Malaysia include Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Langkawi, Malacca, and the Cameron Highlands.
6. What is the best time to visit Malaysia?
The best time to visit Malaysia is from March to October, as it is generally dry and sunny during this time.
7. What are the entry requirements for visiting Malaysia?
Entry requirements for visiting Malaysia vary depending on your country of origin, but most visitors are required to have a passport with at least six months of validity remaining.
8. What are some common modes of transportation in Malaysia?
Common modes of transportation in Malaysia include taxis, buses, trains, and Grab (a ride-hailing app).
9. What is the most convenient way to travel within Kuala Lumpur?
The most convenient way to travel within Kuala Lumpur is via the LRT (Light Rail Transit) system, which connects many popular destinations in the city.
10. What are some outdoor activities to do in Malaysia?
Outdoor activities to do in Malaysia include hiking in the rainforest, visiting the beach, and exploring national parks like Taman Negara and Bako National Park.
11. What are some cultural experiences to have in Malaysia?
Cultural experiences to have in Malaysia include visiting temples and mosques, exploring historical landmarks, and watching traditional performances like wayang kulit (shadow puppetry) and dikir barat (Malay vocal music).
12. What is the best way to experience local life in Malaysia?
The best way to experience local life in Malaysia is by visiting markets like Pasar Seni and Jalan Alor, trying street food, and participating in cultural festivals like Hari Raya.
13. What are some popular shopping destinations in Malaysia?
Popular shopping destinations in Malaysia include KLCC (Kuala Lumpur City Centre), Bukit Bintang, Mid Valley, Pavilion KL, and the Central Market in Kuala Lumpur, as well as Georgetown in Penang.
14. What are some natural wonders to see in Malaysia?
Natural wonders to see in Malaysia include the Batu Caves, the Langkawi Sky Bridge, Mount Kinabalu, and the tea plantations in the Cameron Highlands.
15. What are some safety precautions to take when travelling in Malaysia?
Safety precautions to take when travelling in Malaysia include avoiding isolated areas, being aware of your surroundings, and taking precautions against petty crimes like pickpocketing.
16. What is the tipping culture in Malaysia?
Tipping is not a common practice in Malaysia, but it is appreciated in some tourist areas for exceptional service.
17. Is Malaysia open for travel?
Yes. Malaysia is open to tourists.
18. What is the name of the island in Malaysia known for its beaches and resorts?
19. What is the name of the national park in Borneo that is home to orangutans?
20. Which Malaysian state is known for its tea plantations?
Cameron Highlands, located in Pahang.
21. What is the name of the state located on the east coast of Peninsular Malaysia, known for its beautiful islands?
22. Which Malaysian state is known for its durian fruit?
23. What is the name of the island located off the east coast of Peninsular Malaysia, known for its turtle conservation efforts?
Food in Malaysia
1. What is Malaysian cuisine?
Malaysian cuisine is a fusion of Chinese, Indian, and Malay flavours, known for its spicy and flavorful dishes.
2. What is the national dish of Malaysia?
The national dish of Malaysia is nasi lemak.
3. What are some popular dishes in Malaysian cuisine?
Popular dishes in Malaysian cuisine include laksa, roti canai, char kway teow, satay, and rendang.
4. What is the popular Malaysian breakfast?
Nasi lemak is a popular Malaysian breakfast dish, which consists of rice cooked in coconut milk, and served with sambal, fried anchovies, peanuts, and boiled egg.
5. What is the traditional breakfast food in Malaysia?
The traditional breakfast food in Malaysia is nasi lemak, which consists of rice cooked in coconut milk, sambal (spicy sauce), and various accompaniments.
6. What are the popular Malaysian snacks?
Some popular Malaysian snacks include curry puffs, kuih lapis, pisang goreng, and apam balik.
7. What are some popular desserts in Malaysian cuisine?
Popular desserts in Malaysian cuisine include cendol, ais kacang, and pulut hitam.
8. What is the traditional method of cooking in Malaysian cuisine?
The traditional method of cooking in Malaysian cuisine is using a wok over high heat to stir-fry ingredients and create bold flavours.
9. What is the significance of the hawker centers in Malaysian cuisine?
Hawker centers are a popular dining option in Malaysia, providing affordable and diverse street food from various cultures.
10. What is the influence of Chinese cuisine on Malaysian food?
Chinese cuisine has had a significant influence on Malaysian food, with dishes like char kway teow and dim sum being popular in Malaysian cuisine.
11. What is the influence of Indian cuisine on Malaysian food?
Indian cuisine has also had a significant influence on Malaysian food, with dishes like nasi kandar and roti canai being popular in Malaysian cuisine.
12. What is the influence of Malay cuisine on Malaysian food?
Malay cuisine is the foundation of Malaysian food, with dishes like nasi lemak, rendang, and satay being some of the most iconic dishes in Malaysian cuisine.
13. What is the significance of durian in Malaysian cuisine?
Durian is a fruit that is highly prized in Malaysian cuisine, with a distinct odour and creamy texture that is often used in desserts.
14. What are some popular drinks in Malaysian cuisine?
Popular drinks in Malaysian cuisine include teh tarik (pulled tea), kopi (coffee), and coconut water.
Landmarks of Malaysia
1. What is the tallest building in Malaysia?
The tallest building in Malaysia is the Merdeka 118 tower with 678.9 meters in height, previously referred to as the Warisan Merdeka Tower, KL 118, and PNB 118. It stands as a 118-story mega-tall skyscraper located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, measures a towering 678.9 meters in height, placing it as the world’s second-tallest structure and second-tallest building, trailing only behind the Burj Khalifa which stands at a height of 828 meters.
2. What is the most visited landmark in Kuala Lumpur?
The Petronas Twin Towers is the most visited landmark in Kuala Lumpur.
3. What is the name of the oldest mosque in Malaysia?
The oldest mosque in Malaysia is the Kampung Laut Mosque.
4. What is the name of the famous cave system located in Malaysia?
The famous cave system located in Malaysia is the Mulu Caves.
5. What is the name of the historical fort in Malacca?
The historical fort in Malacca is called A Famosa.
6. What is the name of the UNESCO World Heritage site in George Town, Penang?
The UNESCO World Heritage site in George Town, Penang is called the “Historic Cities of the Straits of Malacca”.
7. What is the name of the famous bridge that connects Penang Island to the mainland?
The famous bridge that connects Penang Island to the mainland is called the Penang Bridge.
8. What is the name of the tallest statue in Malaysia?
The tallest statue in Malaysia is the Taming Sari Monument.
9. What is the name of the popular theme park in Johor?
The popular theme park in Johor is called Legoland Malaysia.
10. What is the name of the famous Hindu temple in Kuala Lumpur?
The famous Hindu temple in Kuala Lumpur is the Batu Caves temple.
11. What is the name of the national park in Sabah that has Mount Kinabalu?
The national park in Sabah that has Mount Kinabalu is called Kinabalu Park.
12. What is the name of the bridge that connects Johor Bahru to Singapore?
The bridge that connects Johor Bahru to Singapore is called the Johor-Singapore Causeway.
13. What is the name of the famous clock tower in Kuala Lumpur?
The famous clock tower in Kuala Lumpur is the Sultan Abdul Samad Building.
14. What is the name of the famous mosque in Putrajaya that has a pink dome?
The famous mosque in Putrajaya that has a pink dome is the Putra Mosque.
15. What is the name of the famous waterfall located in Selangor?
The famous waterfall located in Selangor is called the Kanching Waterfall.
1. What are some of the traditional Malay customs and practices?
Some traditional Malay customs and practices include the Malay wedding ceremony, the practice of Islam, and the celebration of festivals such as Hari Raya Aidilfitri and Hari Raya Haji.
2. What is the significance of the batik textile in Malaysian culture?
Batik is a traditional textile art form in Malaysia, with intricate designs and patterns that represent cultural and religious symbols.
3. What are some traditional musical instruments in Malaysian culture?
Traditional musical instruments in Malaysian culture include the gamelan, rebab, and serunai.
4. What is the significance of the Malaysian national dress?
The Malaysian national dress, known as the baju kurung, is a traditional attire worn by Malay women for various occasions and events.
5. What is the significance of the Wau kite in Malaysian culture?
The Wau kite is a traditional Malaysian kite with intricate designs and patterns that represent cultural and religious symbols.
6. What are some traditional dances in Malaysian culture?
Traditional dances in Malaysian culture include the joget, zapin, and the traditional Malay dance.
7. What are some of the main festivals celebrated in Malaysia?
Some of the main festivals celebrated in Malaysia include Hari Raya Aidilfitri, Chinese New Year, Deepavali, and Christmas.
8. What is the significance of the Malaysian flag?
The Malaysian flag, known as Jalur Gemilang, represents the unity and diversity of Malaysia’s multi-ethnic society.
9. What are some traditional games played in Malaysian culture?
Traditional games in Malaysian culture include congkak, gasing, and sepak takraw.
10. What is the significance of the Malay traditional house?
The Malay traditional house, known as the rumah kampung, is a symbol of Malaysia’s traditional architecture and way of life.
11. What are Malaysian jokes?
Malaysian jokes are jokes that are told in Malaysia or by Malaysians, often involving puns or wordplay.
Education in Malaysia
1. What are the top universities in Malaysia?
Some of the top universities in Malaysia include the University of Malaya, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Universiti Sains Malaysia, and Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia.
2. What is the literacy rate in Malaysia?
The literacy rate in Malaysia is 96.1%.
3. What is the education system in Malaysia?
The education system in Malaysia follows a 6-3-2 model, which consists of 6 years of primary education, 3 years of lower secondary education, and 2 years of upper secondary education.
4. Is education free in Malaysia?
Primary and lower secondary education is free in Malaysia, while upper secondary education and tertiary education require fees.
5. What languages are used for education in Malaysia?
Malay is the main language of instruction in public schools, but English and Mandarin are also used in some schools.
6. What is the role of the Ministry of Education in Malaysia?
The Ministry of Education in Malaysia is responsible for the development and implementation of education policies, as well as the administration of the education system.
7. What are the types of schools in Malaysia?
The types of schools in Malaysia include government schools, private schools, international schools, and religious schools.
8. What is the curriculum in Malaysian schools?
The curriculum in Malaysian schools is based on the national curriculum, which includes subjects such as the Malay language, English language, mathematics, science, and social studies.
9. What is the duration of primary school in Malaysia?
The primary school in Malaysia lasts for 6 years.
10. What is the duration of secondary education in Malaysia?
Answer: Secondary education in Malaysia lasts for five years.
11. What is the duration of lower secondary school in Malaysia?
Lower secondary school in Malaysia lasts for 3 years.
12. What is the duration of upper secondary school in Malaysia?
Upper secondary school in Malaysia lasts for 2 years.
13. What is the main assessment system used in Malaysian schools?
The main assessment system used in Malaysian schools is the Ujian Pencapaian Sekolah Rendah (UPSR) for primary school, the Penilaian Menengah Rendah (PMR) for lower secondary school, and the Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) for upper secondary school.
14. What are the options for higher education in Malaysia?
The options for higher education in Malaysia include public universities, private universities, polytechnics, community colleges, and vocational colleges.
15. What is the language of instruction in higher education in Malaysia?
The language of instruction in higher education in Malaysia is mainly English.
16. What is the duration of a degree program in Malaysia?
The duration of a degree program in Malaysia is usually 3-4 years.
17. What is the grading system used in Malaysian universities?
The grading system used in Malaysian universities is based on a CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average) system, which ranges from 0.00 to 4.00.
18. What is the difference between government schools and private schools in Malaysia?
Government schools are funded by the government and follow the national curriculum, while private schools are independently run and may follow international curricula.
19. What is the difference between international schools and other schools in Malaysia?
International schools in Malaysia follow curricula from other countries and offer education in languages other than Malay.
20. What is the KSSR curriculum?
The KSSR curriculum is the current primary school curriculum in Malaysia, which was introduced in 2011.
21. What is the KSSM curriculum?
The KSSM curriculum is the current secondary school curriculum in Malaysia, which was introduced in 2017.
22. What is the purpose of the PT3 exam?
The PT3 exam is a national exam taken by students at the end of their third year of secondary education, which is used to assess their academic progress.
23. What is the purpose of the SPM exam?
The SPM exam is a national exam taken by students at the end of their secondary education, which is used to determine their eligibility for tertiary education.
24. What is the role of the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)?
The Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) is responsible for ensuring the quality of higher education in Malaysia and for accrediting programs and institutions.
25. What is the Malaysian government’s vision for education?
The Malaysian government’s vision for education is to develop a world-class education system that produces knowledgeable, skilled, and innovative individuals who are able to compete in the global marketplace.
26. What are some challenges facing education in Malaysia?
Some challenges facing education in Malaysia include low proficiency in English, unequal access to education for students in rural areas, and a lack of critical thinking and problem-solving skills among students.
27. What is the role of technology in education in Malaysia?
The Malaysian government is placing increasing emphasis on the use of technology in education, with initiatives such as the Smart School program, which aims to integrate technology into the classroom.
Resources in Malaysia
1. What are the natural resources found in Malaysia?
Malaysia is rich in natural resources, including tin, petroleum, timber, copper, iron ore, natural gas, and bauxite.
2. How important is the mining industry to Malaysia’s economy?
Mining is an important industry in Malaysia as it contributes significantly to the country’s economy and provides jobs for many people.
3. What is Malaysia’s largest export?
Petroleum is Malaysia’s largest export, accounting for over 20% of the country’s total exports.
4. What is the role of agriculture in Malaysia’s economy?
Agriculture is an important sector in Malaysia’s economy, accounting for around 8% of the country’s GDP and providing jobs for over 12% of the population.
5. What is Malaysia’s main agricultural export?
Palm oil is Malaysia’s main agricultural export, accounting for over 30% of the country’s total exports.
6. What other crops are important to Malaysia’s agriculture?
Other important crops in Malaysia’s agriculture sector include rubber, cocoa, and rice.
7. What is Malaysia’s main source of renewable energy?
Hydroelectric power is Malaysia’s main source of renewable energy, accounting for around 20% of the country’s electricity generation.
8. What is the state of Malaysia’s forests?
Malaysia has one of the highest deforestation rates in the world, with over 14% of the country’s forests lost between 2000 and 2012.
9. What is the government doing to address deforestation in Malaysia?
The Malaysian government has introduced various initiatives to address deforestation, including the establishment of protected areas and sustainable forest management practices.
10. What is the state of Malaysia’s water resources?
Malaysia has abundant water resources, but they are unevenly distributed and often polluted due to industrial and agricultural activities.
11. What is Malaysia’s main water source?
Surface water is Malaysia’s main water source, accounting for around 90% of the country’s water supply.
12. What is the state of Malaysia’s air quality?
Malaysia’s air quality is often poor, especially in urban areas, due to industrial and vehicular pollution.
13. What is the government doing to address air pollution in Malaysia?
The Malaysian government has introduced various measures to address air pollution, including the enforcement of emission standards for vehicles and industries.
14. What is Malaysia’s main mineral export?
Malaysia’s main mineral export is bauxite, which is used to produce aluminium.
15. What is the state of Malaysia’s fishing industry?
Malaysia’s fishing industry is facing various challenges, including overfishing, pollution, and the effects of climate change.
16. How is the economy in Malaysia?
Malaysia is a middle-income country with a diversified economy, with exports of electronics, oil, gas, and palm oil contributing to its growth.
Law, Employment & Tax in Malaysia
1. What is Malaysian Law?
The Malaysian legal system is based on British common law, with Islamic law as an additional source of law in certain areas.
2. What is the income tax rate in Malaysia?
The income tax rate in Malaysia ranges from 0% to 30%, depending on the income bracket.
3. What is the retirement age in Malaysia?
The retirement age in Malaysia is 60 years old.
4. What is the minimum wage in Malaysia?
As of May 2022, the minimum wage in Malaysia is RM1,500 per month.
5. How to obtain a driving license in Malaysia?
The Malaysia driving license is issued by the Road Transport Department (JPJ), and applicants must pass both a theory and practical driving test.
6. What is Malaysia’s unemployment rate?
As of November 2022, Malaysia’s unemployment rate is 3.6%.
6. What is the Employment Act in Malaysia?
The Employment Act is a law in Malaysia that governs the terms and conditions of employment for workers earning less than a certain salary threshold.
8. What is the Industrial Relations Act in Malaysia?
The Industrial Relations Act is a law in Malaysia that governs the resolution of disputes between employers and employees.
9. What is the Personal Data Protection Act in Malaysia?
The Personal Data Protection Act is a law in Malaysia that regulates the processing of personal data by organizations and individuals.
10. What is the Goods and Services Tax (GST) in Malaysia?
The GST was a value-added tax in Malaysia that was abolished in 2018 and replaced with the Sales and Services Tax (SST).
11. What is the Sales and Services Tax (SST) in Malaysia?
The SST is a tax in Malaysia that is levied on the sale and provision of goods and services.
12. What is the role of the Inland Revenue Board (IRB) in Malaysia?
The IRB is the tax authority in Malaysia responsible for administering and enforcing the country’s tax laws.
13. What is the Workers’ Minimum Standards of Housing and Amenities Act in Malaysia?
The Workers’ Minimum Standards of Housing and Amenities Act is a law in Malaysia that sets minimum standards for housing and amenities for workers.
14. What is the EPF system in Malaysia?
The EPF system in Malaysia refers to the Employees Provident Fund, a savings and retirement scheme established under the EPF Act 1991. It is a compulsory social security savings scheme that requires both employers and employees to contribute a percentage of their monthly salary into a retirement fund.
The EPF provides a range of benefits and services to eligible members, including retirement savings, housing withdrawals, education withdrawals, and disability withdrawals. The EPF system is regulated by the Employees Provident Fund Board and is designed to help Malaysians save for their retirement and other long-term financial goals.
15. What is the SOCSO system in Malaysia?
SOCSO stands for the Social Security Organization in Malaysia. It is a statutory body established under the Ministry of Human Resources to provide social security protection to employees and their dependents against employment-related accidents, occupational diseases, invalidity, death, and other contingencies.
The SOCSO system is funded through contributions from employers and employees, and it provides a range of benefits and services such as medical treatment, cash compensation, rehabilitation, and vocational training.
16. What is the Employment Insurance System (EIS) in Malaysia?
The EIS is a social security system in Malaysia that provides financial assistance and training to workers who have lost their jobs.
17. What is the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) in Malaysia?
The OSHA is a law in Malaysia that regulates the safety and health of workers in the workplace.
18. What is the Trade Union Act in Malaysia?
The Trade Union Act is a law in Malaysia that governs the formation and registration of trade unions.
19. What is the role of the Department of Labor in Malaysia?
The Department of Labor is a government agency in Malaysia responsible for promoting and enforcing labour laws and regulations.
20. What is the Whistleblower Protection Act in Malaysia?
The Whistleblower Protection Act is a law in Malaysia that provides protection to individuals who report wrongdoing by their employers or colleagues.
Politics in Malaysia
1. Who is the government of Malaysia?
The government of Malaysia is a federal parliamentary elective constitutional monarchy, with the King as the head of state and the Prime Minister as the head of government.
2. Who is the Deputy Prime Minister of Malaysia?
The Deputy Prime Minister of Malaysia is Anwar Ibrahim.
3. Who is the King of Malaysia?
The King of Malaysia is Al-Sultan Abdullah Ri’ayatuddin Al-Mustafa Billah Shah.
4. Who are the Queen of Malaysia?
The Queen of Malaysia is Tunku Hajah Azizah Aminah Maimunah Iskandariah
5. Who is the leader of the opposition in Malaysia?
Hamzah Zainudin is currently the leader of the opposition in Malaysia.
6. What is the Barisan Nasional coalition?
Barisan Nasional is a coalition of political parties that was the ruling party in Malaysia from 1957 to 2018.
7. What is the Pakatan Harapan coalition?
Pakatan Harapan is a coalition of political parties that formed the ruling government in Malaysia from 2018 to 2020.
8. What is the United Malays National Organisation (UMNO)?
UMNO is a political party in Malaysia that has been a part of various ruling coalitions since the country’s independence.
9. What is the Democratic Action Party (DAP)?
DAP is a multi-racial political party in Malaysia that advocates for democracy, human rights, and equality.
10. What is the Malaysian Chinese Association (MCA)?
MCA is a political party in Malaysia that represents the interests of the Chinese community.
11. What is the Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR)?
PKR is a political party in Malaysia that was founded by Anwar Ibrahim and other opposition leaders in 1999.
12. What is the Parti Islam Se-Malaysia (PAS)?
PAS is a political party in Malaysia that advocates for the implementation of Islamic law and values.
13. What is the role of the Malaysian monarchy in politics?
The Malaysian monarchy serves as a constitutional symbol of unity and continuity and has limited political power.
14. What is the role of foreign relations in Malaysian politics?
Foreign relations play an important role in Malaysian politics, with the country seeking to balance its relationships with major powers such as China, the United States, and Japan, as well as regional organizations such as ASEAN.
Conclusion: The Facts About Malaysia
Malaysia is a country that is rich in culture, history, and natural beauty. We hope that this comprehensive guide has provided you with a glimpse into what Malaysia is like and what makes it unique.
From its stunning beaches and islands to its vibrant cities, delicious cuisine, and diverse cultural heritage, there is so much to discover and explore in Malaysia.
Whether you’re planning a trip to Malaysia or simply interested in learning more about this fascinating country, we hope that these 200+ facts have sparked your curiosity and inspired you to delve deeper into the wonders of Malaysia.